Entries for Open Water Championships are now closed.
The Swim England South West Volunteer of the Month Award is a way to recognise and promote the hard work and dedication that volunteers within Aquatics Clubs in the South west provide.
If you know of a volunteer within affiliated Aquatics clubs in the South West Region who deserves to be recognised and celebrated for the impact that they have had please nominate them.
All nominations will be assessed by our ‘volunteer’ panel against the below criteria.
Please note: not all of the elements of the criteria have to be fulfilled, the nominee does however have to be a member of a Swim England affiliated club .
Nominees can be any age – from a young or new volunteer just starting out on their volunteer journey to a more established volunteer.
1. Has been an inspiration to others ( volunteers, participants, members ) in the club.
2. Has successfully used initiative, creativity or innovation in undertaking their volunteer role to have an impact on the club, participants or other volunteers.
3. Providing excellent support to others in the club .
4. Achieved impact through determination under challenging circumstances.
In the main however long the volunteer has been with the club be it a few months or a few years they must have had an impact on the participants, the volunteers or the club.
The winners of the monthly award will appear in the monthly newsletter and on the website.
Click here to make your nomination.
- South West Region Chairman Position
- May 2017 Newsletter
- Open Water Information
- Engaging a New Worker
- Hengrove Para Swimming
- SW Regional Skills Event - 13th May 2017
- April 2017 Newsletter
- Great Swim in association with British Swimming present a new open water race series for 2017
- Regional Pathway Swimmer Selection Policy
- IOS Courses